the pool

Laurie and her friend talked me into doing a workout, in the water ... they presented this idea to me as I'm semi-conscious on her love seat cradling my MacBook and attempting not to drool on the keyboard. So I drag myself downstairs and pick out a bathing suit ... unfortunately the one I happened to choose was missing a cup, I found this out after I got to the pool. The instructor was an adorable woman who was the most intense lady I've ever met, she was running, doing high kicks, jumping up and down and, instead of saying "at your own pace" she said "FASTER!" it was kind of nice. I don't think I've physically endured that much pain while working out, I know I'm going to be aching tomorrow, that will be fun for Sarah to deal with while we're shopping.

Laurie was the epitome of a graceful, limber water nymph. She wanted me to let it be known that she only cried once, as opposed to my zillion mental breakdowns from mental, physical and emotional exhaustion.

One thing I noticed while changing was how comfortable some women are with their bodies ... despite my greatest attempts to avert my eyes, I couldn't avoid the inevitable. All I could think of was the time when I was little in the gym bathroom and commented on an exceptionally large woman's "big butt" that was right in front of my face due to my height at 4 years old. It was a fun night though that was topped off with a trip to Shopper's Drug Mart where we almost had to sleepover due to it's 9:00 pm close time ... then we rushed over to DQ for ice cream to numb the joint pain.

All in all it was a productive evening.

0 complaints:

Post a Comment