west ed

Today we visited the infamous West Edmonton Mall, the largest mall in North America, 5th largest in the world, founded by two brothers from Iran in 1959. You can Google it, I did. We skipped the water park, bungee jumping, hotel, amusement park, underwater adventure and mini golf, however, we did catch part of the Sea Lion show ... really ... what is the point of all this in a mall ? Why do malls need an Ice Rink ? Well I'm absolutely in love with all that I obtained today, just some basic staples necessary for any wardrobe, and a pair of sunglasses.

The highlight of my day was not a new item but a new friend. Waiting in line at the sandwich stand I was contemplating what to choose from an array of panini sandwiches, I decided on the Panini Napolini. This sandwich had sun-dried tomatoes, red peppers, zucchini and cheese. The adorable lady in front of me asks me if it was spicy because it sure sounded good, she then ordered the same sandwich and went to the till to pay, the poor man working there thought we were together and went to punch in our orders together ... I picked up on this and quickly corrected him, she perked up and offered to pay for my sandwich ! I had to decline her offer, my mother taught me well, I could not accept something from someone who I've done nothing for. Instead, she kept me company while we waited for our food, she told me about her many grandchildren, her daughter that lives in Amsterdam and owns a brownie shoppe (tee hee) and her most recent knitting project. Listening to this woman speak gave me a sudden feeling of deja vu, my grandmother is also this sociable and also chooses to tell many stories to random strangers.

All in all it was quite a productive day, thank-you for the gifts mom, and, despite my rigorous work out at the pool last night, it was the shopping that made me sore ... funny how that works isn't it ?

2 complaints:

Kim said...

Is the "Brownie Shop" kind of like Amsterdam's "coffee shops"?

tarynsamantha said...

I'm thinking so

Post a Comment